Once again, we return for a packed Geektown Radio podcast, and I’m joined Bex Trista of TristaBytes (who is amazingly not injured this week!) to discuss all the usual tv & film new and air date info, along with a rundown of the fun she had at Play Expo Manchester. We also have an exclusive interview with Production Designer Melanie Jones.
Melanie Jones is an award-winning Los Angeles based production designer, with a diverse body of work which includes commercials, television, feature films, print and stage design. She is most well-known for her production design on Damien Chazelle’s Oscar-winning ‘Whiplash’, but is also having a busy spring with three new and completely different projects debuting.
- For Warner Bros’ upcoming horror film, ‘The Curse of La Llorona‘, starring Green Book‘s Linda Cardellini, Melanie created a haunting, supernatural story world where a family tries to survive the wrath of La Llorona, the ghost of a woman who drowned her children.
- On Netflix’s period Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt‘, Melanie was responsible for recreating the iconic venues and places that the notorious band, Mötley Crüe, played at.
- For ABC’s upcoming comedy series, ‘Bless this Mess‘, starring Dax Shepard and Lake Bell, Melanie shaped the rural Nebraska home and farm town that newlyweds Rio and Mike leave everything in New York for.
Also On This Week’s Show:
- I’m joined by Bex Trista of TristaBytes to review the movies, tv series and games we’ve been watching and playing in the past few weeks.
- We take a look at all the latest tv & film news, including renewals & cancellations.
- We give you our recommendations for the upcoming TV in the next 7 days.
Geektown Radio 203: Play Expo Manchester, Production Designer Melanie Jones, Film News, UK TV News & Air Dates!
If you want to take a listen to the latest episode, just click the link below, and if you like it, you can click here to subscribe to Geektown Radio on iTunes or click here for the RSS feed.